Kankakee Community College is a two-year college, officially recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) through 2024.
Learn more about accreditation at KCC.
In its College Credit Division, KCC awards associate degrees, associate in Applied Science degrees and certificates of completion. Students attend KCC both to prepare to transfer to four-year institutions and complete bachelor's degrees and to prepare to enter the job market directly from KCC.
Accreditations, licensures, approvals
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic - initial accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Medical Laboratory Technology - continued accreditation by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) through Oct. 31, 2019.
- Nursing - candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Evaluation panel review Jan. 25-29, 2016. Final decision by Board of Commissioners Feb. 29 - March 4. Notification by April 4.
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies - approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Phlebotomy - continued accreditation by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) through Oct. 31, 2016.
- Physical Therapist Assistant - accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Respiratory Therapist - accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
For more information regarding associations, agencies, and/or governmental bodies that accredit, approve, or license the school and its programs, and the procedures by which a student may receive a copy for review of the school's accreditation, licensure or approval, contact the appropriate academic division.
KCC also offers non-degree programs to meet a variety of community needs, including workforce development and remedial development, through its office of Continuing Education and Career Services and its Division of Adult and Community Education.