The Harold and Jean Miner South Extension Center is located in an area of retail and business growth in Iroquois County.
The South Extension Center has four classrooms and amenities including clinical space, a testing area, offices, a student gathering area.
The center offers KCC college credit, continuing education, GED and adult education classes.
Located at 1488 E. Walnut Street in Watseka, next to the Watseka Riverside Medical Center facility. Get directions from your location.
- Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday closed
- Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (Aug. - May)
Advising and registration
- Tuesday & Thursday, 4-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
If classes are scheduled outside of office hours, the classrooms are open during class times
- Financial aid information
- Placement testing
- Class schedules, catalogs and other materials
- Study areas
815-802-8780 during office hours
815-802-8500 all other times
College credit courses
View the most current list of credit courses offered at the South Extension Center in KCConnect. Select a Term and the "South Extension Center" Location.
ABE and GED prep courses
Students must attend an orientation prior to entering the classes. New class sessions begin every eight weeks.
To schedule an appointment for an orientation or for more information, please call 815-802-8300 or 815-802-8780.
Adult Basic Education courses
- Monday through Wednesday, 9-11 a.m.
- Monday and Wednesday, 5-8 p.m.
GED preparation courses
- Monday through Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Monday and Wednesday, 6:30-9 p.m.
For more information on GED courses, visit the GED Prep Classes page.