The following locations have been designated safety areas for weather emergencies including tornadoes. These areas also may be appropriate during other severe weather situations.
- College Center corridor south of the Miner Memorial Library
- Child Development Center
- Hallway outside Technology/Business and health careers administration office.
- Health Careers Center for Excellence interior rooms away from windows.
- Technology building east-west and north-south corridors
- Prairie Building Room W103, Room W106, and the Prairie Room-RoomW109 and Room W111
- Lower level of the library, south wall of carrel area and Rooms L161 and Room L165
- First floor restrooms in College Center, Miner Memorial Library, Technology/Science/Workforce Development Center
- South bank of retention pond
- Workforce Development Center first floor interior rooms away from windows
- South wall of the building presently occupied
- Art and Sciences Building first floor interior rooms away from windows
- Locker rooms and restrooms in Activities Building
- West campus buildings interior restrooms
- Occupants of KCCs fitness center in the Ice Valley Centre can go to lower level interior rooms away from windows, excluding the ice rink.
- Outdoor area away from building which is lower than ground level such as a ditch or swale
For more tips, review this information from Illinois Emergency Services and Disaster Relief.