With topics ranging from athletics to voting, representatives from KCC's speaker's bureau are available to present at local organization's meetings free of charge.
Eight experts from the college have extended the offer to share their knowledge with local civic, professional, service, government and educational organizations. The speaker's bureau is a service of KCC to the community.
To reserve a speaker for an event, email or phone Elizabeth Becvar: email@example.com or 815-802-8253. Please provide the name of your organization, the type of meeting, the approximate size of the audience, the name of the speaker and the requested topic.
The speakers and their topics are:
Associate dean of the Business/Technology Division
- Success in Education - from last in class to Ph.D.
Member of KCC's board of trustees
Retired dean of adult education
Bert Jacobson, Ph.D.
Dean of environmental and institutional sustainability
- KCC: Going Green with Sustainability
- The Illinois Community College Sustainability Network
James Paul, D.A.
Retired professor from the Humanities and Social Sciences Division
- The French Canadian Interview Project
- The Perry Farm: Past, Present and Future
- Sports Management
- Sports Psychology
- KCC of course!
- Fitness training
Director of workforce services/business instructor
- Effective Communications for Successful Management
- Email Etiquette
Dean of student development
- College Readiness
- Tips for First-time Supervisors
- Student Success Strategies for the College Experience
Professor in the Business/Technology Division
- The Impending Energy and Infrastructure Crisis
- The "Peak Oil" Problem
- The Roles of Alternative Energy Sources and Resources
- Solar/Photovoltaic Technology and Applications
- The Role that KCC Plays to Prepare Students