Established in 2009, the John M. Fulton Distinguished Alumni Award is named for long-time KCC Alumni Association member John Fulton of Herscher. Fulton is a 1977 graduate of KCC, and earned two associate degrees, in business and general studies.
As a decorated Vietnam War hero, a tireless advocate for veterans affairs, and for people with disabilities, a farmer, and friend, Fulton is a source of pride and inspiration for all of us at KCC.
Following Fulton's receipt of the KCC Foundation's Distinguished Alumni Award in 2009, the KCC Foundation Board voted unanimously to rename the recognition "The John M. Fulton Distinguished Alumni Award." Recipients of the award must meet the following criteria:
- Outstanding success and distinction in chosen field
- Humanitarian service that has proven greatly beneficial to society
- Continued interest in/support of education and community colleges
- Overcoming life's obstacles
- Completion of a recognized program of instruction at an Illinois public community college