There are many ways to help students learn. The most common is to establish a scholarship. A scholarship donor may designate a set of specific criteria for scholarships that they choose to fund. Following are the most common:
- Annual - A scholarship donated annually to establish and/or maintain a fund. The minimum contribution for an annual scholarship is $1,000.
- Temporarily Restricted - These funds are restricted for a specific purpose for five or more years until depleted. The minimum amount to establish a temporarily restricted fund is $5,000.
- Endowed - An endowed scholarship is perpetual. The principle remains intact and only the interest is awarded. The minimum contribution for an endowed scholarship is $25,000.
Additionally, there is an increasing demand to fulfill the following scholarship needs:
- Cad program
- Honors programs (to benefit Phi Theta Kappa honors society members and Baccalaureate Scholars)
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Office Professional
- Out-of-district students
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Students who are not eligible for financial aid
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Transportation/ Logistics
- Writing/ English
For more information about creating a KCC Foundation scholarship, please contact:
Coordinator of Scholarships & Donor Relations