In many cases, scholarships can be a deciding factor in a student’s ability to attend college.
At the annual Scholarship Recognition Dinner, scholarship recipients and those who donated to their scholarship have the opportunity to meet. Recipients share their appreciation with donors, and talk more about their plans for the future. Donors are able to understand the difference they’ve made, and how their contributions change lives.
The event is held in October. The 2017 dinner was Thursday, Oct. 19 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Kankakee.
Partnership and Visionary Awards
Two special awards are presented at this event:
KCC Foundation Partnership Award – This award recognizes corporate leaders who have provided financial support to the college and who have been diverse in their commitment, often supporting multiple initiatives. The 2017 KCC Foundation Partnership Award recipient is Trisha Stewart of CSL Behring.
KCC Visionary Award – This award honors an unsung supporter who lays the groundwork for future success of the KCC Foundation and KCC through their commitment. This award recognizes both financial contributions and volunteerism. The 2017 KCC Visionary Award recipients are Sharon and Warren Ouwenga.
- Partnership Award - CSL Behring
- Visionary Award - Sharon and Warren Ouwenga
- Partnership Award - Hugh and Anita Van Voorst
- Visionary Award - Trudy Dickenson and Jean Thomas
- Visionary Award - Dr. Ivan and Rochelle Meyers
- Partnership Award - Educate, Empower, and Endeavor, Women’s Giving Circle Council Members
- Visionary Award - Maggie Frogge
- Partnership Award - Riverside Medical Center
- Visionary Award - Steve Smith
- Partnership Award - Shoup Manufacturing
- Visionary Award – Dennis Hess
- Partnership Award - Nucor