Student email is provided by Google. Your Google Mail @ KCC password is a separate password. It is different than the one you use to access the KCC network, Angel, and KCConnect.
Email addresses for students are in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org. (e.g. email@example.com)
Accessing your account for the first time
Using an Internet enabled browser, go to http://mail.student.kcc.edu/
Input your Username and Password. Click the [Sign in] button
- Your username consists of your first initial + middle initial + last name + digits (if applicable) (e.g. James Tiberius Cavalier = jtcavalier). Usernames are not case‐sensitive.
- The default password for your account is your seven‐digit student ID number. Passwords ARE case‐sensitive.
- The password you use for your Google Mail @ KCC account is different than the password you use to access other KCC computing resources, i.e. Angel, KCConnect, and network.
The first time you login, you may be greeted with the login screen again; however, it will look similar to the image on the right.
Re‐enter your username, password, and re‐type the characters in the image (known as a CAPTCHA) in the provided space below. Click the [Sign in] button.
This will bring you to the "Setup your account for Kankakee Community College" screen. Perform the following:
- Choose a new password for your account
- Select the language for your account
- Perform the CAPTCHA by re‐typing the letters in the image
- Agree to Google Terms of Service by clicking the [I accept. Create my account.] button
Your account is now active and you should see your inbox on your screen. If you experience any issues with accessing your Google Mail @ KCC, contact the KCC Information Technology Services Help Desk at 815-802‐8900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? Review the FAQ or find additional information on Google's website regarding how to use your Google Mail @ KCC account.