Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
KCC > Admissions & Registration > Admissions Policy

Admissions Policy

It is the college’s policy to accept all students for admission; however, some programs have additional admission requirements.

Degree/certificate-seeking students are expected to have a high school diploma or the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED).Completion of the equivalent of a high school diploma in a home school setting also is acceptable.

Students enrolling in transfer programs should read information about minimum admission requirements (Illinois Public Act 86-0954).

Placement testing

Placement testing gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your current level of readiness for English, reading, and math.  You must have placement test scores on file if you intend to enroll in six or more credit hours.  KCC accepts placement scores for ACT, ACT Compass, and ASSET. ACT scores need to be sent to Admissions & Registration if you plan on using them for placement at KCC. Visit Testing Services for more information.

Social security numbers

A Social Security number will be requested, though it is not required, to process Admissions Forms of all KCC students in both the College Credit Division and the Continuing Education Division. Once received, your Social Security number (SSN) will be replaced by a random seven digit ID number, which will be your college ID number. Your SSN will not be used for internal college business. Failure to provide an accurate SSN may have tax implications. College Credit Division applicants must submit a completed Admissions Form to the Office of Admissions and Registration. Students may be required to file for readmission to the college if they have not taken a class at KCC in more than three years.

High school and college transcripts

Registration in some programs require official transcripts from all high schools and colleges previously attended. Non-degree and non-certificate seeking students are not required to provide high school or college transcripts.

It is recommended that General Educational Development (GED) certificate holders request an official copy of GED test scores be placed in their student files even if they tested at KCC’s test center.

Health careers applicants must complete an application to the appropriate health careers program and satisfy all specific program requirements.