KCC offers 3 ways to register: in person, online and by phone. As part of the registration process, we recommend that you first print and fill out a schedule planning sheet.
If you are a new student, you must make an appointment with an academic advisor at 815-802-8500 before registering.
You can register in person in the Department of Student Services on the second floor of the Workforce Development Center on KCC's riverfront campus and at the Harold and Jean Miner South Extension Center. Spring registration begins in October; summer in March and fall registration begins in April. Before coming to campus, review current registration dates and times and the college calendar.
Most KCC students are eligible to register online using KCConnect. You must meet both of the following requirements:
- Have completed 1 credit hour or more at KCC (not including 0900-0999 courses) since 2005
- Have a KCC GPA of 2.0 or higher (if this term is your first semester at KCC – this requirement is waived when registering for the next semester)
It is recommended that you meet with an advisor before registering online. Online registration is not available for some courses—they are noted with a * in the course title on KCConnect and with a notation in the class schedule.
- Go to KCConnect
- Log in using your KCC user ID and password. (find out your user ID)
- Choose Students
- Under Registration, choose Register for Sections.
- Choose Search and Register for Sections.
- Select a term, a subject (course prefix), enter the course number, and (if you know it) enter the section number. Click submit.
- Check the box (left side of the screen) for each class you want to register for. Click submit.
- Use the box (left side of the screen) to chose an action for each course (register or remove from list).
- View the registration results. Make sure they are what you want. Click OK.
- To print it, choose Students, then My Registration Statement, then Term.
- Log off and close your browser.
After registering, check your KCC email account for acknowledgement of your registration.
Pay for classes from the main student menu. Under Financial Information, choose Make a Payment to pay in full, or go to FACTS to set up a payment plan.
See the “Using KCConnect” page.
For additional assistance, email email@example.com or phone 815-802-8900.
Returning students in good academic standing who are taking fewer than nine semester hours may register for courses by phone in course selections. Phone-in registration may be inappropriate for courses requiring a prerequisite. Personal consultation with an advisor is recommended.
Hours for phone-in registration are posted under Registration Dates.