- Do I need a student ID?
- How do I register for class?
- How do I withdraw/drop a course?
- How do I add a class?
- I live in another state. Can I take an online class through your college?
- I received a "D" or "F." Can I repeat the course?
- When do I need a professor's signature?
- How do I know if my class is canceled?
Do I need a student ID? Yes. Read the ID card policy.
How do I register for class? If you are a new student, you need to make an appointment with an academic advisor at 815-802-8500. If you are a returning student you may register online or see an advisor first. Review the steps to register for details.
How do I withdraw/drop a course if I need to? You may withdraw in person, via mail or electronically via KCConnect. Withdrawal dates are on your printed registration statement and in KCConnect. For details, review the withdrawal section of the Cancellations, Withdrawals and Refunds page.
How do I add a class? You can add a class to your schedule if you meet the prerequisites, the class has not started and there are still seats remaining in the section. After classes begin, you must obtain a professor's signature. Register at KCC or online through KCConnect.
I live in another state. Can I take an online class through your college? Yes, but you must pay the out-of-state tuition rate.
I received a "D" or "F." Can I repeat the course? In most cases, yes. Review the policy for repeating a course.
When do I need a professor's signature to enroll in a course? You need a professor's signature to:
- enroll after the late registration period, when the class has already begun.
- enroll in a class which is filled to capacity
- either leave class early or arrive late if two of your classes have overlapping times
- make an exception to a prerequisite for a course
How do I know if my class is canceled? If a class is canceled before it begins, you will receive a letter in the mail along with a revised registration statement showing the status of the class as canceled. No action is required on your part unless you want to sign up for another class. If a class is canceled for a day, an automated phone call will be made to the primary telephone number you provided when you registered.