Transferring to KCC Checklist

If you're planning to transfer to KCC from another college or university, these are the steps you'll need to complete before registering for classes at KCC:

  • Complete a KCC admissions form
  • Have an official high school transcript or official GED scores mailed directly to the KCC Admissions Office from the high school or testing institution. 
  • Have official transcripts from any other colleges/universities you have attended mailed directly to KCC's Admissions Office.
  • If currently enrolled at another institution, bring a list of the courses you are currently taking.
  • Have your official ACT scores sent to KCC's Admissions Office if:
            a) they are no more than 4 years old, and
            b) you have not completed a college writing course and a college math course
                 with grades of C or better and 18 semester hours of college course work
                 with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher.
  • If your ACT scores are more than four years old and you have not completed the requirements in (b) above, you will need to take all or part of KCC's placement test.
  • If you took the COMPASS test at another college within the past four years and will be using those scores for placement, have an official score report mailed to KCC's Admissions Office.
  • Apply to have any Title IV financial aid transferred.

Call KCC's Student Services department at 815-802-8500 to set up an appointment to meet with an advisor. If you need to take the placement test, you will do that before your advisor appointment. You should allow approximately 2.5 hours for the placement test. It is not timed and you may use a calculator (but not a cell phone calculator).

Just taking a summer class?

If you are attending another college or university and would like to take a summer course or two at KCC, check out our more relaxed summer guest requirements