Through cooperative agreements and chargebacks, Illinois community colleges work together to provide you with the most affordable education possible. To be considered, you must:
- Live within the boundaries of District 520.
- Enroll in a degree or certificate program which is different in name and purpose from any offered at KCC. Individual courses will not be approved.
- Submit a completed cooperative agreement/chargeback request each year. Approvals are for a maximum of one year, fall through summer.
If KCC does not offer a particular occupational program, a cooperative agreement allows district residents to pay the in-district tuition rate at another cooperating college.
Degrees or certificates for all cooperative programs are awarded by the cooperating community college.
You can enroll in any program not offered at KCC at the college's in-district rate:
- Black Hawk College
- Carl Sandburg College
- Danville Community College
- Elgin Community College
- Heartland Community College
- Highland Community College
- Illinois Central College
- Illinois Valley Community College
- John Wood Community College
- Joliet Junior College
- Kaskaskia College
- Kishwaukee College
- Lake Land College
- Lewis and Clark Community College
- Lincoln Land Community College
- McHenry Community College
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Morton College
- Prairie State College
- Rend Lake College
- Richland Community College
- Rock Valley College
- Sauk Valley Community College
- Southwestern Illinois College
- South Suburban College
- Spoon River College
- Waubonsee Community College
You can enroll in these specific programs at the college's in-district rate.
College of Lake County, Grayslake
- Applied Lasers - Certificate
- Biophotonics - Certificate
- Health and Wellness Promotion - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Laser/Photonics/Optics - Certificate
- Personal Training - Certificate
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Applied Science Degree and Certificate
- Wellness Coaching - Certificate
Parkland College, Champaign
- Agricultural Business: Applied Agronomy - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Agricultural Business: Equine Management - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Agricultural Business: Grain Merchandising and Management - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Agricultural Business: Precision Agriculture Technology - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Agricultural Business: Management - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Hospitality Industry: Hotel/Motel Management - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Hospitality Industry: Resort and Casino Management - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Hospitality Industry: Restaurant Management - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Mass Communication: Audio/Video Communication - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Mass Communication: Audio/Video Technology - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Radiologic Technology: Computed Tomography - Certificate
- Radiologic Technology: Magnet Resonance Imaging - Certificate
If a certificate or occupational degree program is not available at KCC and there is no cooperative agreement between KCC and another Illinois community college, KCC may provide the “out-of-district” portion of tuition costs at another public community college in Illinois for that program’s required courses. If the program has selective admissions with no openings at the cooperative institution(s), you may still be eligible for a chargeback.
KCC does not pay chargeback funds for repeated coursework. Remedial and general education courses must be completed at KCC, with the exception of those classes identified as a prerequisite with concurrent enrollment in program course(s).
Submit a cooperative agreement/chargeback request with KCC at least 30 days before the beginning of the semester.
For more information on chargebacks or cooperative programs, contact:
Office of Admissions & Registration
Non-residents should petition their local community college for assistance with KCC programs.