KCC's Baccalaureate Scholars scholarship program is for 2015 high school graduates who plan to attend KCC full time and who plan to transfer to four-year colleges or universities to pursue bachelor's degrees after graduating from KCC with an associate degree. It is a competitive-entry, two-year program for academically talented and motivated students. The program provides a stimulating learning environment for students who exhibit academic excellence. Baccalaureate Scholars pursue challenging programs of study that meet their educational goals and the requirements of the four-year college or university to which they plan to transfer. By providing challenging intellectual content, scholars receive an enriching educational experience. Personalized assistance with course planning and academic advising will enhance students' opportunities at transfer institutions. The application is due at the same time as the Foundation scholarship applications.
Application materials are available Jan. 1, 2015. The application deadline is Monday, March 2, 2015.
Click here for application information
Purpose of the program
- Challenge and stimulate participants in their intellectual, creative, and cultural growth. Assist high achievers in their pursuit of academic excellence
- Provide a community of scholars to encourage intellectual development
- Provide peer and mentor assistance and support to exchange ideas and foster growth
Preferred requirements for admission to the program
- Rank in the top 15% of graduating class
- Have an ACT composite score of 25 or above with no standard score under 23
- Qualifying assessment scores (ACT or ACT COMPASS)
- Have a high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher
Applications that meet all or most of the requirements will be considered.
Requirements for retention in the program
- Maintain grade point average of 3.25 or higher
- Complete at least 15 credit hours each semester
- Participate in Baccalaureate Scholars events and activities
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year of participation
- Full scholarships for tuition and fees with a $500 per semester book scholarship
- Participation in off-campus cultural events
- Eligibility for membership in Phi Theta Kappa, international honor society of the two-year college
- Personalized academic advising and assistance in planning his/her academic program
- Direction and support in planning a successful transfer to a four-year university
- Annual recognition dinner honoring scholars and their families
For more information about KCC's Baccalaureate Scholars Program, phone 815-802-8208 or email email@example.com.