KCC can only provide you with the following 1098-T information. Please consult your tax preparer or a tax advisor for further information.
- The 1098-T Tax form that you received reports amounts billed to you for qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as other related information. (calendar year based)
- You, or the person who may claim you as a dependent, may be able to take either the tuition and fees deduction or claim an education credit on Form 1040 or 1040A for the qualified tuition and related expense that were actually paid during the calendar year.
- There is no IRS requirement that you must claim the tuition and fees deduction or an education credit. Claiming education tax benefits is a voluntary decision for those who may qualify.
- There is no need to attach Form 1098-T to your tax return
- Please refer to the IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education and Form 8863, Education Credits for more information.
Yes! You can securely access your 1098-T form online on KCConnect. First you must give your consent by logging into KCConnect and selecting the option agreeing to view the 1098-T form electronically. The form also can be printed.
To give consent:
- Login to your KCConnect account
- Click on the Students menu bar
- Click on the 1098 Electronic Consent link under Financial Information
- Select the 1st option, agreeing to view your 1098-T tax form electronically
- Click Submit
Remember: If you opt to access your 1098-T tax form electronically, you will not receive a paper copy in the mail.
If you'd like more detailed instructions, review these printable instructions, which includes screen shots.
For those who opt to access their 1098-T forms electronically, forms will be available sometime prior to Jan. 31. For those opting to receive a paper form, 1098-Ts will be mailed by Jan. 31 to qualifying students’ permanent addresses.
You may not receive a 1098-T form if
- You attended KCC in spring of last year but you had enrolled and your account was billed in the prior calendar year, meaning the information was included in last year's 1098-T.
- Your sponsorship payments exceeded the billed amount. In that case, the IRS does not require KCC to send you one.
- We do not have a valid permanent address on file for you.
What if I need to correct my Social Security Number or tax identification number (TIN)?
Please print and complete a W-9S form and return to KCC's Admissions Office.