Student Employment

Students at KCC can get a job on campus or in a community service setting arranged by the college.

Student employment is convenient since your work hours can be scheduled around your classes and you do not have to travel between school and work. It also offers valuable work experience in a professional setting and an impressive addition to your resume.

Most student employment positions pay minimum wage. You may be able to work up to 20 hours a week during the fall and spring semesters while classes are in session. During summer 2012 you may be able to work up to 29 hours a week.


To be eligible for student employment, you must

  • have a high school or GED diploma.
  • be eligible to work in the United States.
  • be enrolled in six or more credit hours during the fall and spring semesters (enrollment in summer classes is optional)
  • complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Even if you believe you wouldn't qualify for financial aid grants, you might qualify for Federal Work Study programs which would make you eligible for more student jobs at KCC.

Apply online

All student employment opportunities will be posted through KCC's job openings site. Applications are completed online. Below are the types of student employment available.

Federal Work Study

This is a federally funded program which provides jobs to students who have applied for federal student aid and who demonstrate financial need. These positions can be both on and off campus. In addition to the above requirements, you must be eligible to receive federal financial aid.

Community Service

This program provides off-campus jobs working for not-for-profit agencies which provide services to help improve the quality of life in the community. These positions are federally funded; the student must apply for federal student aid and demonstrate financial need. These positions are off campus.

Regular Student Employment

This program, funded by KCC, is for students who are enrolled at least half-time. These positions are on campus.

For information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 815-802-8550 or email