KCC Student Ambassadors promote involvement and peer understanding to current and prospective students and alumni. As advocates for KCC, Student Ambassadors are expected to have good time management, speaking and leadership skills. Eight to 10 students are chosen annually through an application and interview process. Ambassadors assist with tours and events, serve on committees, and regularly support various college departments.
Participants are required to complete 32 hours of service per academic year, including
- Giving campus tours to college visitors
- Participating in KCC events, fairs and programs
- Assisting at special recruitment events
- Assisting campus departments as needed
To apply, interested students must
- Be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
All Student Ambassadors are required to
- Attend a mandatory orientation
- Participate in no more than two other clubs or organizations in addition to the ambassador program
- Satisfactorily complete 32 hours of service through the academic year
- Meet with the Student Ambassador program coordinator three times per semester
- Complete at least one leadership assignment each semester
Selection and scholarship award
A scholarship application and two references must be completed and reviewed by the Student Ambassador Committee (student life, foundation and recruitment staff). Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews. The Student Ambassador Scholarship can be used for tuition, books, and fees. The anticipated scholarship award amount varies.
Contact Aindrea Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 815-802-8251 for more information.