The Baccalaureate Scholars program offers a full-tuition scholarship, plus $500 per semester for books.
As a Baccalaureate Scholar, you will pursue challenging programs of study that meet your educational goals and prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university.
Personalized assistance with course planning and academic advising is part of the program to ensure a smooth transfer experience.
Here's how to apply to the Baccalaureate Scholars scholarship program. The application period is Jan. 1, 2018 - March 1, 2018. Applications may be mailed, delivered, faxed to 815-802-8521, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing instructions are in the accompanying application checklist.
Please apply for both Foundation scholarships and the Baccalaureate Scholars Program. If you do not become a Baccalaureate Scholar, this enables you to be eligible for other KCC scholarships. If you are chosen as a Baccalaureate Scholar, any Foundation scholarships will go to an alternate.
- Challenge and stimulate participants in their intellectual, creative, and cultural growth. Assist high achievers in their pursuit of academic excellence
- Provide a community of scholars to encourage intellectual development
- Provide peer and mentor assistance and support to exchange ideas and foster growth
Program admissions standards (preferred)
- Rank in the top 15% of graduating class (if applicable)
- SAT reading score of 24 and a math score of 530
- Have an ACT composite score of 25 or above with no standard score under 23
- Qualifying assessment scores (ACT, SAT, Compass, ACCUPLACER or ALEKS)
- Have a high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher
Applicants need not meet all of the requirements to be considered.
Requirements for retention
- Maintain grade point average of 3.25 or higher
- Complete at least 15 credit hours each semester
- Participate in Baccalaureate Scholars events and activities
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year of participation
- Full scholarships for tuition and fees, plus a $500 per semester book scholarship
- Participation in off-campus cultural events
- Eligibility for membership in Phi Theta Kappa, international honor society of the two-year college
- Personalized academic advising and assistance in planning your academic program
- Direction and support in planning a successful transfer to a four-year university
- Graduate recognition dinner honoring you and your family
For more information about KCC's Baccalaureate Scholars Program, phone 815-802-8208 or email email@example.com.