- Creating citations in MS Word - Step-by-step instructions to inserting citations and building a bibliography or works cited page using Microsoft Word.
- Research Paper Reference Guide - Guide created by KCC English faculty that includes a guide to MLA citations.
- OWL - The Online Writing Lab from Purdue University provides advice for all the steps in writing a paper - research and citations, as well as the writing process.
- Citation Machine - Free tool for building bibliographies and works cited pages.
Plagiarism and Copyright
- Plagiarism - Indiana University's tutorial for help in understanding and recognizing plagiarism.
- Copyright - KCC's policies regarding copyright, with links to YouTube videos and a copyright quiz.
Research Tips - suggestions on how to choose and develop a research topic and search strategy, as well as how to find and evaluate sources, and cite them in your paper or project.
Handouts are in printable PDF format.
- KCC Catalog Handout - directions on searching the KCC catalog to find books located in our library.
- ILL Directions Handout - step-by-step guide to requesting books from other libraries, both in the I-Share Catalog and through WorldCat.
- Research Paper Reference Guide - A guide created by KCC English faculty covering MLA citations, as well as information on evaluating websites and using quotations.
- Access to Information Handout - guide to the different types of resources available through the library at KCC.
- Library Brochure - information on the library's services and resources.