WKCC features programming from National Public Radio, American Public Media, Public Radio International, The WFMT Radio Network and Independent producers, as well as local programming.
Local programs include daily local newscasts, a Friday evening jazz program, Saturday evening blues and daily vignettes on sustainability. WKCC also offers local weather updates and current temperatures 24 hours a day.
Thank you for listening and supporting WKCC! If you have ideas for other on-air initiatives or for more information on becoming a member and supporting WKCC programming, contact general manager Jonathan Coke at Jcoke@kcc.edu
WKCC is governed by the Kankakee Community College board of trustees. The public is welcome to attend these regular meetings.
It is the mission of WKCC to advance the broadest educational goals of KCC through the operation of a full service, professional public radio service that encourages its audience to pursue a quest for lifelong learning.
To carry out its mission, WKCC will serve listeners by:
- Broadcasting distinctive programming that will inform, enlighten, inspire and entertain audiences from diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Providing programming to listeners interested in contemporary society that is anchored in Classical music, arts and culture and international, national, regional and local news and information.
- Distributing programming in a non-commercial setting through traditional radio technologies and through electronic media such the Internet.
- Maintaining financial independence, attracting necessary financial resources from listeners and organizations that value WKCC's programming.
- Build and maintain a creative, knowledgeable and talented staff that will provide quality programming, attracting necessary financial resources and using them judiciously, and gathering information and knowledge resulting from a relationship with our listeners