Through the Power Pack, an innovative solar market development program, Kankakee Community College and the Midwest Renewable Energy Association educate consumers about the benefits of solar energy and create a unique solar education and promotion program that involves local businesses and U.S. manufacturing.
Building a sustainable, local solar market
The Power Pack is building a sustainable, local solar market by
- Supporting U.S. manufacturers
- Establishing a customer base for local solar installers
- Facilitating lower cost solar installation for customers
The Power Pack ensures that there are resources and experts to help guide home and business owners through the process of installing solar, providing
- Quality U.S.-made solar components
- Fair-priced solar installations by trained, certified solar installers, approved by Power Pack and meeting ICC distributed generation requirements.
- Low-interest solar loans available from local, regional and national financial institutions.
Learn about the benefits of solar energy
The Power Pack educates homeowners and businesses on the benefits of solar energy through Power Hours. Attend a free Kankakee Power Hour, hosted by KCC and MREA, and learn the basics of solar technology and solar economics.
Power Pack Kankakee, in partnership with the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, is made possible with funding from the National Science Foundation and the Illinois Green Economy Network.