KCC offers a Solar-Thermal certificate and specialization track in the Electrical Technology program
The Introduction to Solar-Thermal Technology course, ELTR 2314, explores the use of Solar-Thermal technology for space heating and water heating. Students will receive hands-on lab experience, sizing, installing and maintaining solar-thermal heating systems.
Students completing this course will learn
- fundamental, scientific concepts of solar energy and heat energy
- contemporary methods to collect and convert solar radiation into useful heat energy
- practical and safe practices applied to the design and installation of solar thermal systems
- to perform a proper solar-thermal site assessment
- to properly install and connect components for a solar domestic hot water system
- to pass the NABCEP Solar-Thermal Entry-Level exam (optional third-party exam).
The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners certification is the gold standard for photovoltaic and solar heating installation. NABCEP is the most respected, well-established, and widely recognized certification organization for North American solar professionals in the field of renewable energy.
Passing the NABCEP Entry Solar-Thermal Level Exam demonstrates a basic knowledge of the fundamental principles of the application, design, installation and operation of solar heating systems.