KCC offers a Small-Wind Technology certificate and specialization track in the Electrical Technology program
The Introduction to Small-Wind Technology course, ELTR 2324, explores the design, installation and use of small-wind electrical generator systems for consumer and commercial applications. Students will be given theory and hands-on lab experience sizing, installing and maintaining small-wind electrical generating systems.
Students successfully completing this course will:
- understand atmospheric wind dynamics, wind-harvesting principles, small-wind generator construction and operating characteristics
- perform a site analysis and system performance estimates for a small-wind power system
- properly size a small-wind system to a specific application, and select appropriate system components for the system
- work safely when installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining small-wind power systems
- earn CITCA Wind Tower and Nacelle Climb Safety and Rescue certification
This certification includes climbing and rescue training for the wind turbine industry.
Communications Industry Training & Certification Academy (CITCA) is a nationally recognized training academy, developed by a group of communications industry specialists, offering a complete line of college accredited tower erection and safety training programs directly related to the communications industry.