Academic Advisement is a collaborative process. Advisors and students work together to develop an academic plan.
- Contact your assigned advisor.
- Work with your advisor to develop a Master Academic Plan (MAP). Meet with your advisor to make updates/changes as needed.
- Bring a list of questions and materials such as your Master Academic Plan (MAP) and schedule to your appointment.
- Meet academic deadlines. Know when to register and when drop/add deadlines are.
- Seek assistance from your professor and/or advisor when you encounter difficulties in your courses.
- Learn the graduation requirements for your program of study.
- Provide you (the student) with information about academic programs and procedures. Clarify policies, regulations, programs, and procedures.
- Offer you advice on selecting courses and assist in developing a Master Academic Plan (MAP) to obtain educational goals.
- Offer you a welcoming environment and help you become more academically independent.
- Refer you to additional campus resources as needed.
- Assist in exploring your interests, abilities and goals.
- Review the list of classes you need to graduate from your intended program.
Phone 815-802-8500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about advisement procedures.