At KCC, we offer program-specific advising to assist with your unique educational goals. Program-specific advisors are available in these areas:
You should plan to meet with your assigned advisor each semester prior to registration. It is your responsibility to schedule this appointment.
Advising appointments allow advisors to give you their full attention and do the most thorough job possible for complex tasks, such as
- Graduation and academic appeals petitions
- Career development assistance
- Applying to a health career program
- Questions on transfer issues
- Development of a Master Academic Plan (MAP)
- Assistance scheduling courses
Advisors can also be a great resource as you explore career options along with your educational goals.
Appointments are available:
- 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Fridays
KCC is closed most Fridays in May, June and July.
To check your advisor's availability and make an appointment, phone 815-802-8500. Respect your academic advisor’s schedule – please be on time!
Express Advising is for tasks that take 10 minutes or less to complete, such as:
- Dropping/adding a class or two when you know what is needed/wanted
- Withdrawing from all courses
- Changing curriculum
- Registering for classes which follow your MAP created with your academic advisor
- Printing degree audits
- Placement scores
While we still highly recommend that you make an appointment with your assigned advisor, we understand that not all questions and concerns warrant an appointment.
IMPORTANT: When you utilize the services of Express Advising, you (the student) assume responsibility that the courses you enrolled in are appropriate for your academic goals. You may need to schedule a follow up appointment with your assigned advisor.