KCC offers both scheduled advisor appointments and non-scheduled advising times.
Open advising on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
On Tuesdays and Wednesdays you do not need an appointment to meet with an advisor. Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Open advising hours are Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. A wait may be necessary depending on demand.
Advising appointments on Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays
Advising appointments allow advisors to give you their full attention and do the most thorough job possible for complex tasks, such as
- Graduation and academic appeals petitions
- Career development assistance
- Applying to a health career program
- Evaluations of eligibility and points toward acceptance to a health career program
- Questions on transfer issues
- Development of a comprehensive educational plan
- Assistance scheduling courses
- Miscellaneous questions requiring more than 10 minutes
Appointments are available 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Fridays. KCC is closed most Fridays during May, June and July.
To make an advising appointment, phone 815-802-8500.
10-minute advising on Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays
Ten-minute advising is available on a first-come first-served basis on days that appointments are offered. Students can meet with an advisor for tasks that take 10 minutes or less to complete, such as
- Scheduling one or two classes when transfer issues are not involved
- Dropping/adding a class or two when you know what is needed/wanted
- Withdrawing from all courses
- Changing curriculum
- Registering for classes which follow an educational plan created with an academic advisor
- Printing and "translating" degree audits
- Miscellaneous questions requiring no more than 10 minutes to answer
IMPORTANT:When you utilize the services of a 10-minute advising session, you (the student) assume responsibility that the courses you enrolled in are appropriate for your academic goals.