Appointments are available:
- 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Fridays
KCC is closed most Fridays in May, June and July.
To check your advisor's availability and make an appointment, email email@example.com or phone 815-802-8500. Please be on time.
When an appointment is necessary
Advising appointments allow advisors to give you their full attention for:
- All new students
- Graduation, dean's requests, grade forgiveness petitions, and academic appeals petitions
- Career development assistance
- Applying to a health career program
- Questions on transfer issues
- Development of a Master Academic Plan (MAP)
- Assistance scheduling four or more courses
KCC's program-specific advisors can assist with your unique educational goals in the following areas:
Advisors can also be a great resource as you explore career options along with your educational goals.
10 Minute Advising
While we still highly recommend that you make an appointment with your assigned advisor, we understand that not all questions and concerns warrant an appointment.
10 Minute Advising may be utilized for tasks that take 10 minutes or less to complete, such as:
- Dropping/adding a class or two when you know what is needed/wanted
- Withdrawing from all courses
- Changing curriculum
- Registering for classes which follow your MAP created with your academic advisor
- Printing degree audits
- Placement scores
IMPORTANT: When you utilize the services of 10 Minute Advising, you (the student) assume responsibility that the courses you enrolled in are appropriate for your academic goals. You may need to schedule a follow up appointment with your assigned advisor.