The Hammes Bookstore is located on the first floor of KCC's Riverfront Campus, on the far east side of the main building.
The bookstore sells required textbooks, school supplies, greeting cards, and gift items, including KCC clothing. Gift certificates also are available. You can also purchase computers and Arena food cards.
The bookstore accepts cash, checks, and Visa®, MasterCard® and Discover® cards.
Textbooks may change from semester to semester. When a textbook edition changes, and the book is kept past the refund or buyback deadline, it is not returnable. Therefore, it is recommended that you purchase books only for the upcoming semester.
** Some classes now offer textbook rentals - Call or visit the bookstore for details **
Fall and spring hours
When classes are in session:
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Fridays
KCC is closed most Fridays in May, June and July.
Textbooks and other course materials can be ordered through KCC's online bookstore. Textbooks ordered online are chosen using KCC course numbers.
All bookstore returns must be accompanied by a cash register receipt and student I.D. No exceptions. No returns are accepted after the published return dates for a specified term.
If you decide not to take a credit division course for which you purchased a book, you may return the textbook within the first two weeks of the semester. A receipt is required. You will receive a full refund if the book is in new condition. Packaged access codes sold with textbooks are not returnable if the access code has been revealed.
If you have a late starting class, you have one week from the first day of the class to return the book for a refund (a receipt and copy of your schedule are required).
Buyback, it's a win-win!
Money in your pocket. Reduced textbook prices for other students.
The bookstore purchases select used textbooks at a percentage of the original cost during specified Buyback Days are at the end of each semester.
Buyback SPRING 2020
Iroquois Room, Room D152
May 11-18, 2020
- Books must be in "like new" condition with a no more that 15 pages of highlighting and no water damage or torn pages.
- A photo or student ID is required for all buyback transactions.
- Information on which books can be bought back by the bookstore is only available on buyback dates.
- Jan. 13, 2020 - Spring 2020 classes begin
- Jan. 27, 2020 - Last day to return books for a refund
- Feb. 14, 2020 - Last day to charge to financial aid for semester
- May 11-18, 2020 - Book buyback
- May 15, 2020 - Rentals due to the bookstore
Questions? Phone 815-802-8590