The mission of Office of Disability Services (ODS) is to work closely with students and instructors to accommodate and facilitate equal access to students with disabilities according to federal law, and to provide outstanding support that is designed to assist and empower all students to be successful in their academic and personal development.
• to assist student in accessing and using academic accommodations;
• to equip student with the technical resources that help them reach their educational goals;
• to foster an environment that encourages personal and academic growth and encourages self-advocacy; and
• to provide resources regarding disabilities for students, faculty, and staff.
KCC's Office of Disability Services works closely with students and instructors to accommodate individual student learning needs.
Students should contact their instructors and the Office of Disability Services to make them aware of special learning needs.
Success is achieved by a learning environment that uses the student's learning strengths and compensates for individual learning weaknesses. Supportive services are provided to reasonably accommodate the needs of individual students with disabilities.
Students must provide current documentation of their disability.
- Classes in study skills and computer literacy
- Alternate testing area
- Exam readers
- Textbooks in an alternate format
- Note takers
- Sign interpreters
- Modified equipment
Many of these services require advance notification of enrollment. Contact the Office of Disability Services to ensure availability of the needed service at the beginning of the semester. Please review the Student Handbook for more details.
Coordinator of Disability Services
TTY within Illinois: 711
TTY outside Illinois:800-526-0844