Google Apps is a core suite of communication and collaboration applications. An “office suite” of tools - Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more - that offers the ability to work from any device as well as share and collaborate.
Because all Google Apps save to the cloud, teachers and students gain the flexibility to work from any computer or device.
Students and teachers can seamlessly save work and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously.
Google Mail is provided by Google. Effective Spring 2015, your Google Mail password is the same as the one you used for the KCC network, Canvas, and KCConnect.
Email addresses for students are in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org. (e.g. email@example.com)
Accessing your account for the first time
Using an Internet enabled browser, go to https://mail.google.com/a/student.kcc.edu.
- Input your firstname.lastname@example.org and password.
- Usernames are not case-sensitive. If you don't know your KCC username, look it up on What's My User ID?
- Passwords ARE case-sensitive. The default password for your account is the last 6-digits of your social security number.
- As of Spring 2015, the password for your KCC Google Mail account is the same as the one used for other KCC computing resources, i.e. Canvas, KCConnect, and the college network.
- Click the [Sign in] button
- Perform the CAPTCHA by re-typing the letters in the image
- Click the [I accept. Continue to my account] button.
Your account is now active and you should see your inbox on your screen.
Use your personal email account
You can create a Google email rule to forward your Google account (email@example.com) to your personal email.
Still have questions? Review the additional information on Google's website regarding how to use your Google Mail @ KCC account.
If you experience any issues with accessing Google Mail @ KCC, contact the KCC Information Technology Services Helpdesk at 815-802-8900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.