The Helpdesk is your single point of contact for all network, computer, password or login issues. We hope that this information will assist you.
Location and contact
Location: Room L364
8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday
The Helpdesk closes at 8 p.m. (Monday through Thursday) when classes are not in session. If you are on the Riverfront Campus, please visit the Helpdesk in Room L364.
Before you call
To aid us in helping you:
- reboot your machine and try again before calling the Helpdesk.
- Write down the exact wording of any error messages or if possible, print a screen shot of the message.
- Have your ID number available when you call
When you call
When you contact the Helpdesk, the person answering your call will attempt to resolve your problem. If needed, your request will be routed to another appropriate KCC staff member.
There are several pieces of necessary information that we will need to solve your problem and/or verify that your problem is routed to the appropriate person. Please provide the following information when placing a Helpdesk call:
- Your full name.
- The room number and location of the problem.
- A phone number or alternate means of contact.
- The type of equipment with the problem (printer, scanner, monitor, etc. …).
- A clear, detailed description of the problem. Include the exact wording of any error messages or a screen shot of the error.
- The version of the software program in which you are experiencing difficulty. Usually the version is available in the application's Help | About.
Depending on the type of problem, you may be asked some additional questions.
Any detailed information that you may provide will expedite problem resolution. We offer full support of all our standard installed Windows software. Please note: The ITS Helpdesk only supports college-owned equipment in a KCC facility.