What is KCConnect?
KCConnect is a secure browser interface for KCC’s course, student and employee data. It requires a unique User ID and password to view personal information. Based on the sensitivity of the information, KCConnect enforces different levels of security. It is encrypted and designed to protect all confidential information. To ensure confidentiality, never share your password with others.
KCConnect works best with the following browsers. In most cases, the more current your browser version is, the better your experience.
- Microsoft Windows: Firefox 3.5.x or later; Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Macintosh: Safari, Firefox or Opera
What’s my User ID?
If you have enrolled in credit division courses or if you are currently employed at KCC, you have a user ID, which is the same as the first part of your email address, before "@student.kcc.edu."
If you don’t know your User ID, you can find out by entering your last name and Social Security Number or student ID on the What’s My User ID? form. Contact the Information Technology Services helpdesk if you have any questions regarding KCConnect user IDs and passwords.
Searching for Credit Classes
Search for Credit Classes displays the section name, meeting times and location, instructor, academic level, available seats and whether the section is open or closed. Select the term and any of the other search criteria available. Press "Submit" to see section selection results. You can then click on the Section Name and Title to view detailed information for the class.
Registering for Credit Classes
To register via KCConnect for credit classes, you must meet the following requirements
- Currently enrolled at KCC.
- Have completed 1 credit hour or more at KCC (not including 0900-0999 courses).
- Have a KCC GPA of 2.0 or higher (if this term is your first semester at KCC, this requirement is waived when registering for the next semester).
Log in to KCConnect and choose the Students menu. Use the Register for Sections link (under the Registration area of the Students menu) to search and register or optionally drop sections. Online registration is not available for some courses—they are noted with a * in the course title on KCConnect.
Searching and Registering for Continuing Education Classes
You do not have to be logged in to KCConnect to search Continuing Education course offerings, however, before registering, check What’s My User ID? to determine whether you have one. If you already have a KCConnect User ID, log in before starting the online registration process.
Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes displays course name and title, meeting times, location, instructor and available seats. Check the Select box for each course you’d like to register. If you do not have a user ID or are not logged in to KCConnect, you will be required to fill out a profile identification form before continuing with the registration process. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Search for credit or continuing education classes
- Register for continuing education classes
- Find out whether they have a user ID
If you are a student, you can
- Review grades and GPA by semester/term. Final grades are available at the end of each semester/term, after all grades have been posted.
- Display your unofficial transcript.
- Register for credit classes.
- Check your account balance or make a payment.
- Review your financial aid status.
- View your class schedule.
- Review your profile (student ID, name, address, email address, phone number, academic program, advisor, etc.).
- Change your address, email address or phone number.
If you are an employee, you can
- View your pay advice.
- Check your vacation, sick and other leave balances.
- Review your stipends.
- Check your dental/optical balance.
- Change the home address you have on file with human resources.
If you are a faculty member, you can
- Enter final grades.
- Approve your mid-term roster.
- View class rosters.
- View your class schedule.