The ACCUPLACER placement test is how you demonstrate your readiness for college writing, reading, and math classes. Your scores will determine your starting level in KCC courses. Please take this test seriously.
Before taking ACCUPLACER
- Complete a KCC Admissions Form and new student orientation online.
- Meet with an academic advisor to confirm if you need to take the test and what areas may be required.
- Review hours and location information.
- Know your KCC Student ID number.
- Bring one of the following: driver's license, other state-issued photo identification, or KCC student ID.
To complete the entire test in one sitting, allow enough time before the center closes. If you take the test in two or more sittings, you can resume where you left off, but will need to complete the test within 14 days. Scores are available immediately after completion of the entire test.
Understanding your English/reading scores