The Office of Learning Services is always looking for qualified tutor applicants. We hire only the most qualified individuals to become tutors. Our tutors care about and are committed to helping others learn. The majority of our tutor hiring is initiated through faculty referral. However, if you meet the minimum qualifications and have a passion for assisting others, please communicate your interest to Melissa Weston at 815-802-8775 or email@example.com.
Benefits of being a tutor
As a tutor, you will not only have the opportunity to help others, but you will be able to practice what you have learned. All of our tutors participate in a training program certified by the College Reading & Learning Association.
All prospective tutors must have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 15 credit hours of college coursework preferred; college coursework in area of tutoring required for college level tutoring.
- Achievement of GPA of 3.2 or better in content area college courses and overall GPA of 3.0 or higher for all college coursework attempted preferred.
- Good interpersonal communication skills highly desirable.
- Self-motivation skills and ability to work with little supervision required.
- Reliable transportation to tutoring site(s) required.
Note: A faculty referral may be requested for all student applicants.
Qualified candidates must be functionally literate in reading, writing, and computation skills as well as computer literate or willing to learn. Review the complete position description.