You must be a currently enrolled KCC student to start a new club.
To start a new student organization, you will need to:
- Gather a minimum of 10 (ten) students interested in being a member of the new student organization.
- Find an approved faculty or staff member who will agree to be an advisor.
- Complete and submit the Student Club Start-up form.
- Develop your club's mission statement and constitution.
- Receive final approval from the Student Advisory Council. The Office of Student Life will contact the student and advisors listed on the petition once the club has been approved.
- Elect officers per the constitution.
- Complete a Student Club Roster.
Steps 1-5 must be completed before the club can post anything publically.
New student organizations will receive $200 for start-up funds to assist with recruitment and development of the organization. The Office of Student Life will contact the advisors when start-up funds have been transferred to the club account.
For more information and a sample mission statement, constitution and by-laws, contact:
Coordinator of Student Life