Through the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA), Kankakee Workforce Services provides the most comprehensive employment assistance in this area to
- persons who have lost their jobs through plant closings or layoffs
- low-income individuals working or not
- youth ages 16 to 24
Programs and services that enhance employment marketability are offered at no cost to qualified individuals.
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act - WIOA
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act of 2014 provides the framework for a unique national workforce preparation and employment system. The most important aspect of WIOA is its focus on meeting the needs of businesses for skilled workers and the training, education, and employment needs of individuals. Key components of WIA enable customers to:
- easily access the information and services they need through the "one-stop" system;
- empower adults to obtain the training they find most appropriate through Individual training accounts, which allow adult customers to "purchase" the training they determine best for them; and
- ensure that all state and local programs meet customer expectations.
One-stop employment and training services
There are 22 local partners in Illinois which drive this federally-funded network. Of the 22 partners, Kankakee Workforce Services is a three-county network of One-Stop Employment and Training Services, LWIOA 11. We provide resources to develop a skilled workforce to meet the needs of employers in today’s changing and challenging economic environment.
Fundable WIOA Programs
WIOA funds are obligated to specific degree and training programs per local workforce area; therefore, in order for an individual to be funded by LWIOA 11, their degree or training program must be on the list of Illinois Workforce Development System programs. To search our list of programs:
- Visit the Illinois Workforce Development System's customer home page
- At the top of the customer home page, select Search Illinois' statewide list...
- Search by provider (college, university, etc.) or program name.
If you have any questions regarding a degree or training program, phone 815-802-8963.