Career training assistance up to $12,000 is available. You may qualify under one of these Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) groups:
Find out if you qualify: Please call 815-802-8963/TTY 800-526-0844 or email email@example.com.
To review current job postings, please visit us on Facebook.
Enrollment in WIOA as a dislocated worker does not affect unemployment benefits.
You may be eligible for services as a dislocated worker if you satisfy one or more of the following requirements:
- You have been terminated or laid off, or have received a notice of termination or layoff from employment.
- You are eligible for or have exhausted unemployment insurance.
- You are employed at a facility where the employer has made the general announcement that the facility will close within 180 days.
- You were self-employed (including employment as a farmer, rancher or fisherman) but are unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community or because of a natural disaster.
- You are a displaced homemaker who is no longer supported by another family member.
You may be eligible for services as a low-income adult if you satisfy any one of the following:
- Receive or are a member of a family that receives food stamp benefits.
- Your income or total family income is at or below 70 percent Lower Living Standard Income Level.
- You are homeless.
- You have a disability and your income meets the requirements, even if your family income does not meet the requirements.
You are eligible for services as a youth if you satisfy the following:
- You are age 16-24 and not currently attending school, and
- You are a low income individual or
- You have one or more of the following barriers to employment:
- A school dropout
- A foster child
- A parent
- An offender
Types of services: assessment, counseling, job search assistance, academic/basic skills training, vocational classroom training, on-the-job training, work experience, transportation and emergency assistance.
All programs are Equal Opportunity Employer Programs, and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Local Equal Opportunity Officer - Alicia Guertin 815-935-0074.